Donut's Daily Daguerreotype

Daguerreotype - (noun) an early photograph using a silvered plate and mercury vapour [named after L. Daguerre, French inventor, 1789-1851]

January 16, 2006

Wembley stadium

---+++Donut's Daily Daguerreotype+++---



Teh old stadium with its famous twin towers is no more. Now the skyline around north London is dominated by the new steel arch crowning the new stadium. Another one of the big building projects in London. Unfortunately this one looks like being late and over budget. The builder, Multiplex, is in severe financial straights partly as a result of the cost overuns. Multiplex also built the Sydney Olympic Stadium White Elephant.

(photo by mrs donut) - more here.

4 Comments:

At 4:52 am, Blogger Leonard Sadorf said...

Fell onto your blog at random. Good stuff. Good photos. I like your insights and your cynicism. Fighting middle age is a lost cause though. Take my word for it. I look at it this way. I'm not afraid to grow old or even to die, but that doesn't mean I'm going without a lot of kicking and screaming. No, man. I ain't going peacefully.

I figure as long as I'm talking I know I'm not dead.

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Michele said...

Overruns?
HA!!!!
Sounds like the Big Dig in Boston, Massachusetts.
What a joke ... on the taxpayers.
No one is laughing, except the middle men who already received their monies.

Speaking of aging... I found my first grey hair yesterday.

What a shock!

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger pete said...

thanks for the comments, leonard. like your pictures. much better than mine. i just try to snap stuff that's going on in my life at any one time. sometimes i get lucky and take a good photo.

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger pete said...

big dig - yes, i know what that is.

wembley stadium is not taking any public funds though I think there were lottery funds involved in purchasing the site.

grey hair - i'm getting some frost on the temples. it looks distinguished. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home