Donut's Daily Daguerreotype

Daguerreotype - (noun) an early photograph using a silvered plate and mercury vapour [named after L. Daguerre, French inventor, 1789-1851]

October 31, 2005

Metro

---+++Donut's Daily Daguerreotype+++---



It's clean, efficient, well-used, safe, good value for money and fast: London could learn a lot from Washington's Metro system. It misses out key neighbourhoods, but that's about the only complaint. Eating and drinking is not allowed to help keep it clean. For the most part people obey that rule, though I saw a few tourists slurping coffee.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 am, Blogger Michele said...

You were in America???
Gee, I missed you, LOL.
I've never even been in that part of the country...yet.
Flew Over it and By it...but never in it...

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger pete said...

i admit it. i was in washington dc.

don't hold it against me. it was job related.

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger Michele said...

*wide smile*
Naw, I won't hold it against ya.
I figure, it's cool to see it throught the eyes (via your camera,) of someone not born here.

Hope you had a litte fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home