Donut's Daily Daguerreotype

Daguerreotype - (noun) an early photograph using a silvered plate and mercury vapour [named after L. Daguerre, French inventor, 1789-1851]

July 13, 2005

Condolences

---+++Donut's Daily Daguerreotype+++---



Visited the Memorial Garden in Victoria Embankment Gardens and signed the condolence book.

Why?

Did it make me feel good? Was I doing my part? Is my conscious clear? Am I suffering from mass hysteria?

Probably most or all of the above.

It's odd. I didn't see myself having the feelings I'm having. After all, I was not directly affected.

Ok, an old work contact was on the Piccadilly Line train. Normally he travels in the front carriage, where the bomb was. For some reason he walked to the back of the train. It saved his life.

Yet, I'm feeling what could only be described as bereavement. There is also intense anger that people would seek to destroy life on such a scale in the name of medievalism. Sadness too that young people could be reduced or so gullible to be reduced to such a pathetic act.

Signing the book hasn't driven away any of the feelings. Honestly, it was something I did as a heartfelt gesture in respect of 50 dead and hundreds injured solely because they were going about their business.

Still, we are not afraid.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

weird isn't it, I feel much the same. Standing on the side of Wellesley Road at 12 noon really did feel like a statement to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home